Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday

Today is the first day of the conference that Chris is attending and from what I hear and read it's really well.
Today in Chicagoland the weather outside is cool and mostly cloudy with bits of sunshine. Could be worse, it could be raining again. I've been praying for those whose been dealing with all of the flooding happening around the U.S.. It gives me a sick feeling in my stomach when I see the flood pictures on the news. It reminds me of the flood in 1993...I would drive to and from College where the roads were edged by water from the Illinois River. I have to say that was pretty scary at night time. One wrong move and you'd be in water...needless to say I was always very aware of the surroundings and all when driving on the roads near Havana, IL. I would always make sure that if I was a little tired then I'd stop at the Hardees, a fast food restaurant, and get a large ice tea...walk around a bit then head on home. Havana was approximately half way.

No comments: